Full Moon Paddle
Adventure East Base (11 Bridge Street, Sunderland)
Enjoy an evening paddle along the Connecticut River bathed in the light of the stars and the full moon. You won't want to miss this month's Strawberry Moon - a typically bright and brilliant moon that marks the beginning of summer - particularly as it illuminates our route as we paddle from the Sunderland Boat Ramp to the Norwottuck Rail Trail Connection at Elwell State Park.
This 13 - mile excursion is already quite gorgeous, but paddling under the stars at night makes this experience even more special. There's nothing quite like the sights and sounds of the Connecticut River on a warm summer night, lit by the moon and surrounded by the sounds of nocturnal wildlife. Though our boats will be outfitted with colorful, LED lights, we will have several "lights out" periods where we can really take in and enjoy the crisp moonlight.
While this paddle is typically considered to be Beginner-friendly, the evening does make it a bit more challenging; we ask that you have previous tour kayaking experience if you'd like to join us for this unique opportunity to paddle underneath the first full moon of the summer.
- Date: June 24, 2021
- Time: 8:30pm
- Age Level: 12+
- Fitness Level: Able to paddle at a moderate pace for 45 minutes, able to swim at least 10 yards cross-current unassisted
- Skill Level: Intermediate - previous tour kayaking experience or an Adventure East Cranberry Pond Skills clinic is required
- Price: $85 per person
- Kayak and paddle
- PFD appropriate to water conditions and your needs
- A snack and water/beverages
- Dry storage for small personal items
- AE will shuttle you and all boats from our base in Sunderland
- A unique evening paddling experience!
**In all AE programs, we encourage you to use the gear most comfortable to you or appropriate to the activity. If you intend to bring your own equipment, reach out at least 48-hours prior so we may make final plans for a safe and enjoyable day.
What to bring:
- Clothing for paddling and dry clothing
- Footwear for paddling and dry land footwear
- Flashlight - however, we encourage you to largely rely on the brilliance of the moonlight
- Waterproof camera!