Warner View Paddle: Connecticut River - Sunderland to Hatfield
Age Level: 8 and up
Fitness Level: Able to paddle at a moderate pace for 20 minutes, able to swim at least 10 yards cross-current unassisted
Skill Level: Beginner - can be considered Intermediate/Advanced in cooler temperatures
This excursion will be a gorgeous, 6 mile paddle from the Sunderland Boat Ramp to the Kellogg Hill Road Boat Ramp in Hatfield. This outing is a great introduction to paddling on a large river and affords picturesque views of Mount Sugarloaf and Mount Warner forming this section of the Connecticut River Valley. The paddling is smooth, and can be somewhat swift depending upon the outflow from Cabot Station, the main hydro-electric facility upstream. Expect some excellent wildlife sightings as this route offers prime opportunities to catch glimpses of beavers, eagles, and geese, just to name a few.
- A shuttle for you and your boats from our base in Sunderland
- Kayak and paddle
- PFD appropriate to water conditions and your needs
- Dry storage for small personal items
- A fun and scenic afternoon on the water!
What to bring:
- Clothing for paddling and dry clothing
- Footwear for paddling and dry land footwear
- Sunglasses - polarized ideal
- Sunscreen and hat
- Waterproof camera!